CONCEPT NOTE ON
MSME BANKING & NBFC EXCELLENCE AWARDS, 2022
The Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (CIMSME) has been the strong voice of the MSME sector, assisting them to move to the next level and spearheading their issues and concerns with the authorities. Nevertheless, despite covering substantial areas, challenges still hound them.
The commendable work of the Commercial Banks and NBFCs in supporting and rejuvenating the MSME sector is a well-known story. Such good work must be showcased to motivate others to follow suit and enhance the performance of the MSME sector.
This is where the inspiration came from to institute MSME Banking Excellence Awards by CIMSME in 2013. The first awards were organized in January, 2014 with overwhelming response. Later on NBFCs were added as an important supporter to MSMEs. Continuing with our Journey, CIMSME is now organizing the 2022 Edition of these Awards.
Indian Banking Sector has virtually changed the landscape in the last few decades with its extensive expansion and making available financial assistance to millions of people. The Banks have, as a show of their increased responsibility, extended assistance to the MSME sector. Banks continued their concern to reach out for meeting credit needs of the disadvantaged, socially neglected, women population, small and micro business entities and the agriculture sector, all forming an integral sectors contributing to the GDP of our country.
Banks, NBFC and their staff have played a very important role in fighting the Covid-19 pandemic. The Atmanirbhar Bharat package and all the schemes are implemented through the Banking & NBFC sector. The Executive & Staff Members stood like the front line warriors in maintaining the economic stability in the country.
The Banks & NBFCs have proved as a major catalyst for economic empowerment. The Bank’s and NBFC’s full commitment to expand the reach to this sector for effective delivery of social subsidies, garner small savings, provide financial products by harnessing technology and create an environment of equity and empowerment, is widely known.
Despite the following challenges, contribution of Banks and NBFCs to MSME Sector and Government enabling environment continue to be appreciative:
- Inability to access adequate and timely credit from Institutions;
- High cost of credit;
- Collateral requirements-still insisted;
- Access to equity capital- still a dream;
- Delayed payment from the Large Corporates;
- NPA Management and Rehabilitation of sick enterprises- still an area of concern;
- Women entrepreneurship, credit to minorities etc.- liberal & effective approach needed
Against this backdrop, a format has been devised to appraise and evaluate the performance of Banks and NBFCs on specified parameters as devised by RBI in the MSME sector. Such information being collected will be the basis for the Expert Jury to assess and pronounce their judgment.
Concept:- The evaluation of the performance of the Banks and NBFCs for the MSME sector will be based on the following Key parameters as per the audited Financial Results as on 31.03.2022:
- Priority Sector Lending;
- Performance in MSME segment-Growth, targets, quality, innovation, technology use to improve reach, service quality, penetration and reporting systems;
- Financial Inclusion;
- Special Awards for Promoting Social Skills;
- CSR Activity for Social Up-liftment;
- Skill Building Initiatives including training, creating financial literacy and promoting awareness;
- Technology intervention;
- Support to MSMEs during Covid time;
- Support of MSMEs in Timely Payment of their Dues;
- Cluster Approach etc.
Following Categories shall be considered for the awards:
- Best MSME Bank/NBFC/MFI
- MSME Friendly Bank/NBFC/MFI
- Government Schemes Implementing Bank/NBFC/MFI
- Innovative Bank/NBFC/MFI
- CSR & Business Responsibility
- Best Branding Bank/NBFC/MFI
- Best Bank/NBFC/MFI for Promoting Social Schemes;
- Best Bank/NBFC/MFI for implementing Covid schemes;
- Jury Special Award.
Methodology of the Evaluation process:
Following steps to be followed for evaluation process:
- Questionnaire/ Entries scrutiny with understanding and experience of evaluating MSME Banking parameters and Financial Statements of Banks/NBFCs;
- On the basis of evaluation, short listing of Banks and NBFCs;
- Discussions with the MSME Banking Head, Top Management, HR/CSR Head, if required for any clarification;
- Evaluation by Knowledge Partner;
- Reporting of the shortlisted Institutions with full details and evaluation to the Jury;
- Jury meeting to discuss on short listed Banks/NBFCs/MFIs in presence of Evaluating Partner & Head of Institutions. In case of further clarification/ information sought by Jury, be submitted;
Chairman - Hon’ble Justice (Retired) Sh. Deepak Verma, Supreme Court of India
- Sh. S S Kohli, Ex Chairman & Managing Director Punjab National Bank, India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited and Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Sh. M Narendra, Ex Chairman & Managing Director, Indian Overseas Bank.
- Prof R K Dubey, Ex Chairman & Managing Director, Canara Bank.
- Sh. N K Maini, Ex Dy Managing Director, SIDBI.
- Sh. H P Kumar, Ex CMD, NSIC.
- Sh. S Chandrashekhran, Ex Executive Director, UCO Bank.
- Sh. Rajen Kumar, SME World.
- Sh. Mukesh Mohan Gupta, President, Chamber of Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
Conference cum Awards Ceremony:
This will be a Gala Award Ceremony- the dates will be announced at an appropriate time.
Submission of Questionnaires:
- The questionnaires can be filled out on the soft copy of the form and send it to [email protected] Answers should be legible and attachments clearly indicated
- The printed forms in hard copy should be sent to CIMSME along with all additional required documents. The entire set of information may also be submitted through mail.
Duly filled in applications/Questionnaires along with the applicable processing charges may be submitted to the following address latest by 15.07.2022.
- Contact Details of the Nodal Officer for the MSME Banking & NBFC Excellence Awards, 2022:
|Name||:||Mr. Vikram Pratap Singh/ Ms. Kalpana Singh|
|Mob No.||:||+91 9582864488, 9999689197, 9999902336|
|Phone No.||:||+91 11 23722345-48|
|Address||:||1106, New Delhi House, Barakhamba Road, Connaught Place, New Delhi- 110001|
A processing fee of Rs. 2,50,000/- plus applicable GST is required to be paid with the nomination form.
Cheques/Demand Draft to be drawn favouring “CHAMBER OF INDIAN MICRO SMALL & MEDIUM ENTERPRISES”
Through RTGS/ NEFT as per details below:
Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises
Bank of Baroda (B-3, Connaught Place, New Delhi)